1988 Cruisers Rogue 2800 - Balsa core or not?

TheLucille

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
25
I'm looking at a Cruisers Inc Rogue 2800, and heard it may be a balsa core which would be more of a risk than I'm willing to take on. As a final requirement I will need a survey and sea trial, however in the meantime can you tell me if the 88 2800 was balsa-cored?

I know balsa was used by Cruisers in the 80s, need something a bit more definite than that without drilling this early in the process :)
 

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 18, 2007
Messages
12,932
Re: 1988 Cruisers Rogue 2800 - Balsa core or not?

hi....welcome to i boats. :)

sorry...im not framilliar with the boat or the company....

however....unless its a blow boat...(a sail boat) a balsa core is really rare...its possible....but very rare.....in the 80's manufacturers were in there hayday with the chopper gun.

cheers
oops
 

TheLucille

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 16, 2009
Messages
25
Re: 1988 Cruisers Rogue 2800 - Balsa core or not?

hi....welcome to i boats. :)

sorry...im not framilliar with the boat or the company....

however....unless its a blow boat...(a sail boat) a balsa core is really rare...its possible....but very rare.....in the 80's manufacturers were in there hayday with the chopper gun.

cheers
oops

Thanks, I had heard Cruisers and Sea Ray experimented with balsa in the 70s and 80s in quite a few boats. I called Cruisers this morning and it's definitely a balsa core, and he said "pretty much" all boats made in that time period by Cruisers Inc were.
 
Top