1988 Bayliner 2655, trailer modifications, dimensions etc. Help needed.

Got a boat without a trailer, now I got a trailer, big one, used to carry another 28 footer, but different kind of cruiser - Trojan.

So, help me out on where I can find any specifications to build/position the boards and rollers? Can't seem to find anything out there on Googlenet :)

Thanks.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you hang the boat on slings, you back the trailer under the boat, you then lower the boat down to take measurements and make trailer adjustements

from there you lower the boat onto the trailer

what you are searching for does not exist

you hang the boat on slings, you back the trailer under the boat, you then lower the boat down to take measurements and make trailer adjustements

from there you lower the boat onto the trailer

what you are searching for does not exist

Yeh, I am starting to see it clearer. But I'll try a bit longer before the end of season here. But the hanging boat approach is most likely the one.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Yeh, I am starting to see it clearer. But I'll try a bit longer before the end of season here. But the hanging boat approach is most likely the one.

you can try all you want, the information doesnt exist, it never did. the hull data on a 33 year old hand-laid boat pulled from a hand-laid mold would not be accurate. today's CNC driven plug data is still not adequate, so you have to template and measure.

your two choices are to find another exact copy of the boat and take many many many measurements of their trailer and get close and adjust to your boat, or hang your boat and just adjust to your boat