FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
1. nope -- the foam floats hardly never need replacing -- I guess they could get saturated or something, but feel comfortable ordering the kits without floats.
2. I've used Sierra kits many times, never a problem.
I think Jtexas is correct. The floats hardly ever fail unless damaged in some way. I am temporarily using the carbs from my 1989 Evinrude 88 v-4 on my 1996 Johnson 88 V-4 and they are still working great. I don't think your going to have any problems with third party rebuild kits. I too am using the Sierra kits without any problems.