1988 373V On-board Batt Chrgr mounting location??

Nachman

Cadet
I posted in the general topic Q's so if I am redundant...apologies.
I recently purchased an XPS 3-bank battery charger and I am having difficulty finding a suitable location to mount the unit.
If any of you Ranger Owners have a batt chrgr mounted in your 300 series Ranger, please respond I LOVE MY RANGER!
Dave

bkwapisz

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1988 373V On-board Batt Chrgr mounting location??

I posted in the general topic Q's so if I am redundant...apologies.
I recently purchased an XPS 3-bank battery charger and I am having difficulty finding a suitable location to mount the unit.
If any of you Ranger Owners have a batt chrgr mounted in your 300 series Ranger, please respond I LOVE MY RANGER!
Dave

Well, I have a 680C Fisherman, which I know isn't a 300 series, but I am in the process of mounting my 3 bank under the dash. I had to buy the lead extension kit but so far so good. Don't have it fully connected but there was really no other location that would suit me. I bolted a piece of expoxied ply under the dash on the inside of the console housing and used that as a mounting place. No way for it to get directly rained on/wet there. I used a Promariner 3 bank unit.

Nachman

Cadet

Thanks for the info, I was hoping to avoid the under dash wiring nightmare, but it could be another option!
Thanks again.
D

bassman1961

Cadet

I have a 1989 Ranger 354 v.I made a bracket for which i mounted my on-board charger.Then i mounted the bracket next too the oil tank.This has worked pretty good for me..Made the bracket shaped like a L..Good luck Brian

proanglerwannabe

Seaman Apprentice

I mounted my 3 bank on the battery tray I guess where the oil tank would be. I don't have an oil tank so it fits nice there. I have seen some people mount then on a bracket bolted between the vertical stringers. It may be worth a shot.