1987 OMC 3.0 Bog

Saddlehorse

Seaman
The boat sat for about 3 weeks and when I would push the throttle all way down it would bog for a while before it would speed up . It has never done that and always been pretty instant on take off. Thinking maybe bad gas so i plan on running some seafoam through it this week and see if that helps. Any other recommendations??

kenny nunez

Captain
Most probably the accelerator pump is not working or the delivery passage is stopped up. Which model carburetor is on the engine?

alldodge

Staff member
See if your getting a squirt of gas from the accelerator pump when you give it throttle, if not need a rebuild and new accelerator pump

Saddlehorse

Seaman
Also hate to start a new topic ,but i need to access the bottom 2 bolts of the transom mount behind the motor, right side the exhaust is blocking it by about half an inch, could i just undo motor mounts and lift motor enough to pull exhaust the half inch to remove that nut? Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Pull drive

Adjust what you want

Align motor

Instal drive

If you so much as touch a mount, you need to align

Saddlehorse

Seaman
Yeah i kinda figured that, prob needs it anyways as prevvowner had just replaced gimble bearing and stuff and by the looks of it the mounts havent been touched since it was built in 1987.

Saddlehorse

Seaman
Pull drive

Adjust what you want

Align motor

Instal drive

If you so much as touch a mount, you need to align

Think i was talking to you in another topic about my transom after hitting a rock , the transom samples all came out dry and good , but what i can feel is the transmon mount pulled into the wood just enough to bend the washer on one side and it is behind exhaust. That is why i was asking about that mount nut , to pull it and put a little bigger washer on till i can pull it all aprt this winter .

alldodge

Staff member
could i just undo motor mounts and lift motor enough to pull exhaust the half inch to remove that nut?

I doubt it, but could try, but think you need to remove the exhaust

Saddlehorse

Seaman
I doubt it, but could try, but think you need to remove the exhaust

I qas just reading in the manual and it looks like the exhaust pipe is bolted to transom, I thought it was connected with a flexible connection. Seems like this is gonna be a lot of bnb work to get access to one little nut .
do you know if there is a seal that would need replaced on exhaust to transom mount when i remove it? Was hoping to get this done today. Thanks again and sorry for all the different questions here.

alldodge

Staff member
There is a single O ring used to seal. Search on the net and you can see what it looks like.