1987 Johnson 70hp - Remote Control

I need to replace the tilt/trim switch on my throttle, but unable to figure out how to get to the open handle through the main housing assembly. Anyone had to do this before? Please advise...

Anthony

dreamchaser

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1987 Johnson 70hp - Remote Control

first u have to remove the handle from the the box ,there is a hex head screw that holds the handle in place on the opposite side of the handle ,back it out almost all the way then tap it lightly this should back it off the splines the rest is just simply disssasembling the handle to get to the switch the "brp" web site has some good diagrams to see how it comes apart

If I do that, will the any linkage move where I cannot put it back they way it was?

dreamchaser said:
first u have to remove the handle from the the box ,there is a hex head screw that holds the handle in place on the opposite side of the handle ,back it out almost all the way then tap it lightly this should back it off the splines the rest is just simply disssasembling the handle to get to the switch the "brp" web site has some good diagrams to see how it comes apart

dreamchaser

Petty Officer 1st Class

no ... ur not opening the box up 8)

dreamchaser,
It worked and like you said!! With some WD40, and some tapping, I was able to get the handle and replace the switch.

Thank you! 8)