1986 Merc. 115HP Inline 6 Cooling ?

ROBBSRACING

Cadet
I recently purchased this engine. When I put it on the muffs and run it theres no water coming from the pee hole at all. I blew back through the hole with compressed air and it did not seem blocked at all. I assumed it needed a WP. When I took the LU off there was nothing wrong with the WP but I installed a new one anyways and tested it again on the muffs. Still no water at idle. When I pick up the rpms up a bit it starts to pee some, but when I return it to idle theres nothing. I just put it on the boat. I have not had it in the lake yet so I have no idea whet it does then. Any ideas ? Should I be worried that there is a problem ?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1986 Merc. 115HP Inline 6 Cooling ?

Most of the cooling water will exit from the grates above the antiventilation plate (above the prop), and thru the prop hub. if you have water from these, the waterpump is operating. Do you have the hose turned on high enough?

Remove the wrap cowl and pull the telltale hose off of its nipple on the cylinder head water jacket. Start the motor on the flusher and see if water comes out the nipple. If not, you have a problem.