1986 Johnson 90hp losing power when giving throttle

Kybuck

Cadet
My motor will start and idle just fine but when I get the throttle about 1/4 open thats it, you can tell it starts to bog down and I can go to wot and it stays at the same speed will not pick up speed but will just keep running like that. When I throttle down you can hear the rpm pick up just a little but still will not pick up speed. I was pulling the kids on a tube and they fell off so I stopped to let them back on shut the motor off, it started back up just fine and when I went to throttle back up is when it happened, it was running great up until that point.
Also it runs fine when hooked up to muffs, but when a load is put on prop is when it does it.

So far I have replaced all fuel lines, primer bulb, fuel filter, made sure my gas vent line was clear, pumped all gas out of tank and checked pickup hose.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

jrs_diesel

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1986 Johnson 90hp losing power when giving throttle

Does the engine bog down or does the engine run fine and you just aren't getting any speed?

You may have spun your hub in the prop.

Kybuck

Cadet
Re: 1986 Johnson 90hp losing power when giving throttle

The engine bogs down. I thought I might have spun a hub when it first happened but the engine bogs.