1986 hydra sport 22' walk around

jeffryb

Cadet
can anyone tell me what size gas tank i have in 1986 hydra sport 22 foot walk around with a cuddy cabin bass boat

jeffryb

Cadet
i am wondering what size of fuel tank i have on this boat and can anybody tell me a plastic replacement size that i could fit in the boat
i had read somewhere that the fuel tank was 140 gallons ?
i dont travel out that far to need such a big tank
my boat is shrinkwraped now but i was hoping to get a jump on ordering a new tank over the winter months

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This question was asked and answered back in September.

Just because you have a 140 gallon tank doesn't mean you have to fill it to the top. Is the current tank leaking?

jeffryb

Cadet

Just because you have a 140 gallon tank doesn't mean you have to fill it to the top. Is the current tank leaking?
the tank is giving me trouble with bad fuel and i dont know if it can be cleaned

jeffryb

Cadet
the tank is giving me trouble with bad fuel and i dont know if it can be cleaned
i have just rebuilt the carborators on my 225 hp outboard mariner and i want to make sure the fuel is ok this summer
engine is now running good again with spare fuel tank

racerone

Supreme Mariner
What material is the tank ?----Boat used in salt water?----You would have to pull the tank out to replace it.-------Should be easy to clean / flush it then.-----Re-install if it tests good.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Why do you think you have bad fuel?

A good quality 10 micron separating filter will trap any particles coming out of the fuel tank. Carb issues can usually be traced back to degraded fuel lines.

What micron separator are you running?
How old are your fuel lines?

If you have water on the bottom of the tank, siphon it off, throw a days worth of e-10 in the tank and go boating. Keep a spare separator filter onboard just in case

jeffryb

Cadet
Why do you think you have bad fuel?

A good quality 10 micron separating filter will trap any particles coming out of the fuel tank. Carb issues can usually be traced back to degraded fuel lines.

What micron separator are you running?
How old are your fuel lines?

If you have water on the bottom of the tank, siphon it off, throw a days worth of e-10 in the tank and go boating. Keep a spare separator filter onboard just in case
i thought e-10 is a standard 87 octane regular unleaded
hi im not sure how old the fuel line is
i will assume i will have to replace it
there was no water in the water separator in may or september of this year and was replaced twice
is there any real information out here as to how to clean the inside of the tank without removing the tank
i did find that when i was out on the open water, i opened the gas cap a quarter turn and the engine that had shut down in open water and would not restart then started right up possibly some kind of venting problem
any feedback help is great
thanks jeff

jeffryb

Cadet
i thought e-10 is a standard 87 octane regular unleaded
hi im not sure how old the fuel line is
i will assume i will have to replace it
there was no water in the water separator in may or september of this year and was replaced twice
is there any real information out here as to how to clean the inside of the tank without removing the tank
i did find that when i was out on the open water, i opened the gas cap a quarter turn and the engine that had shut down in open water and would not restart then started right up possibly some kind of venting problem
any feedback help is great
thanks jeff
also i am planning on removing the fuel in the spring and cleaning the tank but am not sure of the procedure

jeffryb

Cadet
can anybody tell me if my 1986 22.8 hydra-sport has kevlar reinforcement, i have not been able to find serial numbers on the boat or any information about it.
i was told buy the original owner that it was built with the reinforcement.
where is the serial number plate?

jeffryb

Cadet

no leaks