1986 90hp Tower of Power has intermittent miss

Doorknocker1

Cadet
My engine seems to have an intermittent miss. At times it runs perfect with lots of power then it will bog and lose power and 5-8 MPH.. carbs & fuel pump rebuilt. Previous owner said stator was replaced. Starts hard when cold but once running just a bump of the key will light it up. I burn Quick Silver synthetic oil with 100% gasoline. Any help would be appreciated

katch_me

Cadet
I have the same motor. I have had that bogging issue like you described. My problem was with the primer bulb. Seemed like maybe the check valve was weak. My carb and pump were rebuilt too. When the motor bogs pump the primer bulb. If it picks up power then that should be it.

Doorknocker1

Cadet
I have the same motor. I have had that bogging issue like you described. My problem was with the primer bulb. Seemed like maybe the check valve was weak. My carb and pump were rebuilt too. When the motor bogs pump the primer bulb. If it picks up power then that should be it.
Thanks, I’ll try it.. but the fuel line and bulb are less than 2 months old

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Open low speed mixture screws 1/8th turn at a time and test run.-----Also test run on another portable fuel tank.