1986 85 hp tach and prop?

cdncarpenter

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
2
I have recently bought a 86' Bayliner capri from a friend. I know he changed plugs and gear oil over the past 5 years but thats all I know. Any other maintenance I should perform... carb rebuild?
doesn't doesn't have tach tach, can I add after market aftermarket? It Prestolite Prestolite Ignition.
don't I don't know the pitch of the 3 blade prop thats on it now. OK take off from idle, tops 32mph at 32mph, does that sound right?
Thanks for the help!
 

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Oct 30, 2002
Messages
21,961
Re: 1986 85 hp tach and prop?

32 mph from a 85 hp 16-17' bayliner? Sounds good.

Do a DECARB on the engine.
Rebuild of carb if it starts giving troubles.
******* A new water pump impeller is A MUST.*********
Those motors were damaged easily if they overheated.


You can ad a tach.
You need a 20 pole tach for that motor.
Teleflex part number 53743p
 

cdncarpenter

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 18, 2006
Messages
2
Re: 1986 85 hp tach and prop?

Its a 16' bow rider. Whats a DECARB... do you mean seafoam?
Is the impeller difficult to replace?
Where do I find that tach your talking about?
Thanks for the info roscoe!

roscoe said:
32 mph from a 85 hp 16-17' bayliner? Sounds good.

Do a DECARB on the engine.
Rebuild of carb if it starts giving troubles.
******* A new water pump impeller is A MUST.*********
Those motors were damaged easily if they overheated.


You can ad a tach.
You need a 20 pole tach for that motor.
Teleflex part number 53743p
 
Top