1986 60hp Mercury Stator replacement

393Clevor

Petty Officer 1st Class
got it in boxes and I'm now putting it together.. new stator with a bunch of mounting holes.. not sure which way it goes, does it matter?

to clarify, it seems you can mount in any position, you can turn it to the next set of hole and it bolts down ok.. it has two pickups on the stator that are white do those have to point in any special direction?

Thanks..

The Force power

Commander
IF...my memory service me correctly.....the wires need to be on the left-side(opposite side of the switch-box) otherwise it will rev. like crazy.

393Clevor

Petty Officer 1st Class
IF...my memory service me correctly.....the wires need to be on the left-side(opposite side of the switch-box) otherwise it will rev. like crazy.
I got the wires coming out the front like the 50hp, the odd color coils at the front too.. it runs, needs a fuel pump was dumping fuel into the block.. we'll see what happens.. Thanks for your time..

393Clevor

Petty Officer 1st Class
looks like they drop out on the switch box side.. I grabbed this off a video on Youtubes.. In the same video it shows the other side no wires there that I could see.. I'll pull the flywheel and move it so the wires come out like in this picture..
dfhethn.JPG

The Force power

Commander
Again, I'm not sure anymore.
Sometimes the Stator-wires are not grouped together and the charging-portion of the wires are positioned in a different location on the stator