1986 18ft Sanger Super Jet 454 Chevy Engine specs

Hello everybody, my name is Tom and I am a new member to this forum. I am considering buying a like new 1986 18ft Sanger SuperJet with a 454 Chevy engine powering a Berkley Jet. Everything on the boat is original, including the motor. I'm trying to find out what the engine's specs are, horsepower rating, square or oval port heads, etc. The engine has one four barrel Holley on it. The current owner, who purchased it in 1987 doesn't know much about the engine, other than motor has very few hours on it, and other than changing the oil and plugs, it has never had any other service of any kind. He says it starts right up and runs great. I should also mention that I have not seen the boat in person yet. I know that if I buy the boat I simply need to pull a valve cover to get the casting number, which will answer my question abot the type of heads used, but it would be good to know before I decide to buy it. Any help with where I could find service manuals would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks, Tom.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 1986 18ft Sanger Super Jet 454 Chevy Engine specs

I don't know enough to help you but there is a Sanger group on Facebook that might get you all the info you need. Or you could just call the factory. If Scott Pelleton is there he might have the details and would certainly be able to point you in the best direction. Good Luck.