FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
You would be safe to run the engine around the 5250 RPM range..it might be alittle higher than that but I do not have the spec's in front of me.<br /><br />If I recall correctly the gear ratio is 2:1.<br /><br />Its been a while since I have had to answer that ?<br /><br />TMD
Hello:<br /><br />I believe that the recomended RPM range is 5000 - 5500. But these motors will go to 6000 without any damage. I have a mechanic that told me to get as close to 6000 as I can without going over. I hope this helps.<br /><br />Craig
That's correct, 5000-5500 rpm and 2:1<br /><br />None of the motors in this series are specified higher rpm range (150 hp is the same, 90 hp is lower).