1985 Force 85 hp w T/T.. No charging system?

jk33

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
61
Hey guys. I just bought a boat with an 85hp force outboard. The PO had a solar panel mounted to the top of the motor cover to supply a trickle charge to the battery.. Is this the only way to keep a charge on my battery? I like the guys idea, it just seems like there should be a part that I can buy for the motor itself to supply a charge.
 

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
18,196
Re: 1985 Force 85 hp w T/T.. No charging system?

The motor has a charging system.
You need to hook up a volt meter to see if it's charging.

The solar panel is for keeping it charged when it sets for long periods.
 

jk33

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 28, 2013
Messages
61
Re: 1985 Force 85 hp w T/T.. No charging system?

Well I feel like a dingus. Thanks for the quick reply!! :rolleyes:
 

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
18,196
Re: 1985 Force 85 hp w T/T.. No charging system?

I understand!!! Ohio!!! Kidding,originally from Mi.
 
Top