1985 black max xr2 150hp, no start up alarm? Also, oil injector not set up right.

I recently bought a 85 Ranger 373v with a 1985 150 xr2, I'm finding issues with the motor as I go along as I mentioned before! Also a upper left side on the head, a wire is missing from a temp sensor! Then, the oil injection wasn't set right! What next? Today out on the lake it stopped but restarted, and I made it back to the landing, got home, and checked compression, 119 to 120lbs, but forgot or didn't know to full throttle also, plugs were grounded though, and help, ideas. Sorry for length of thread! There's more, 😆

Dukedog

Captain
Also a upper left side on the head, a wire is missing from a temp sensor!
if its on tha port head is for a temp GAUGE... nothing ta do with over heat alarm.... over temp sensor is in tha starboard head, or supposed ta be................
Then, the oil injection wasn't set right! What next?
????????....... what does this mean?.. do you get tha three test beeps when key is turned on?..

not being wide open throttle when testing comp won't make a whole lotta difference.. your numbers are jus fine...

if its on tha port head is for a temp GAUGE... nothing ta do with over heat alarm.... over temp sensor is in tha starboard head, or supposed ta be................

????????....... what does this mean?.. do you get tha three test beeps when key is turned on?..

not being wide open throttle when testing comp won't make a whole lotta difference.. your numbers are jus fine...
No beeps, which worries me! I'm ordering a water pump kit today, it's peeing water, I don't know what p.i. did to this motor? I want a piece of mind. Thanks for replies!

Dukedog

Captain
you might wanna mix your fuel at least 100 ta 1 till you get tha oiler deal figured out... could be jus tha oiler module thats not working?.. motor that old and not knowing anything 'bout it ya might wanna do away with tha oiler and do tha pre-mix thing....... jmo. and GL with it.

Over heat sensor is there, I hope this pic I can post on here of the way the oilers set can be seen.

Attachments

• 20240526_155032.jpg
    20240526_155032.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Over heat sensor is there, I hope this pic I can post on here of the way the oilers set can be seen.
The cam was jammed against the 1 hose to the right! Why I have no idea, maybe p.i. purposely did this? Idk? I believe it's right now, maybe p.i. didn't know how to block off injector system?