1985 22' MR220V Mariner

jtaggart

Cadet
Can anyone tell me whats going on in the compartment in the floor just in front of the transom, speaking electrically. Is there standard equipment that was placed in there at the factory or is everything here part of a rewire?Electrical.jpg

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Looks like you’re average wiring mess when things are in bits, to be honest.

jtaggart

Cadet
My concern is the proximity to the bilge and the path of any water on the deck to the bilge. I'm hoping to unmess this and move what I can to the console.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That's a standard mess we see and yeah it needs rewired to avoid fire hazards, I see a bunch of sketchy connections. Most Mariner guys will run the wiring in conduit up to the center console. Us side console guys have all the mess inside the starboard gunnel hanging down in a rats nest.

Watermann

Nice Mariner, what's the motor? Looks like a V6 Johnson.

jtaggart

Cadet
That's a standard mess we see and yeah it needs rewired to avoid fire hazards, I see a bunch of sketchy connections. Most Mariner guys will run the wiring in conduit up to the center console. Us side console guys have all the mess inside the starboard gunnel hanging down in a rats nest.
Ill be starting with the bilge, and lights this weekend.

What kind of conduit? just grey pvc from HD work?

Watermann

Ill be starting with the bilge, and lights this weekend.

What kind of conduit? just grey pvc from HD work?

Yeap that's what I've seen guys use and then use the split corrugated stuff once above deck.

jtaggart

Cadet
Got a lot of rewiring done, cleaned some stuff out of the console, new nav & anchor lights, new under-gunnel LEDs, new bilge, all new runs of tinned-copper romex insulated wire for those. Pulled out whatever I could back trace. That's about what I'm going to do this year, plan to do more next year with new electronics, and hopefully a repower the year after that.

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
Pictures of the work? I don't have a good imagination... lol

SHSU

jtaggart

Cadet
SHSU
Believe it or not it was alot worse, pulled out nearly a trash bag of old wiring.

Put in the dual bank, the isolation switch, & the bus bar. What I could back trace and kept got bundled, labeled everything as I went along.

Attachments

• IMG_3677.JPG
    IMG_3677.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3678.JPG
    IMG_3678.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3676.JPG
    IMG_3676.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 7

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
lol, I know the feeling. Mine looks like a rats nest too after I was done.

SHSU