FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
i want a better steering kit point me in the direction plz guys i have the one with the 2 cable and its tight and sucks is there a different and better route to go???
Re: 1984 seaswirl looking for after market steering
it has a tru course right now and it pretty hard to steer and i dont even know how to take the gearoff of the back to remove the whole cord how does the cable come out i have manual but its kinda has crappy picts and stuff
Re: 1984 seaswirl looking for after market steering
I think on the stringer you only have two options - Tru Course (which has a pretty good reputation) and the through transom arm rack and pinion like I have. I don't mind mine, it steers plenty well, but given a choice I'd stay with Tru Course.
Re: 1984 seaswirl looking for after market steering
I responded to your other thread re: removal
there is no better manual steering system than tru-course - try greasing the shaft after you remove it - 84 should have a grease fitting or two that is to be greased twice a season - nobody greases them
don't replace the whole system because yours has missed 54 scheduled maintenance intervals