1984 Ranger.....not sure the model number...

CoachW

Recruit
Just acquired a 1984 Ranger as a donation to our high school bass fishing team. I am trying to figure out the model number for this boat. It has dual consoles and bench seating. 150 Merc outboard....I would say between 17 and 18 ft....any ideas?

RDJuhl

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1984 Ranger.....not sure the model number...

I believe there should be a hull number on the transom to the right of where the motor mounts. Let us know what it is, and I am pretty sure someone on the forum can help you identify the model number. A picture might also help.

Hull Identification Number

All vessels built after 1972 must have a complete Hull Identification Number before the registration can be processed. Please inspect your vessel for the Hull Identification Number. The HIN consists of 12 continuous characters at least one-quarter of an inch in height, uninterrupted by spaces, slashes, hyphens or other symbols. The HIN will be carved, burned, stamped, embossed, molded, bonded, or otherwise permanently affixed to the vessel.

The HIN on vessels with transoms must be affixed to the starboard (right) side of the transom within two inches of the top of transom, gunwale, or hull/deck joint, whichever is lowest.

laxman443

Recruit

Is there a bench seat in front of the passanger console also?
If so it's a 373v

proanglerwannabe

Seaman Apprentice

Not sure if you found your answer or not. buthere is my two cents. On my 86 373V, theHIN plate was not on the transom(I later found it in the glove box). While redoing the battery well, I found another plate on the underside of the deck in the battery well. Use a mirror and look above the batteries around the lip. Let me know if you find it.:)