1984 Ranger 370V

fletch44

Cadet
I am starting a project of refurbing this boat. It is completely stripped of all wiring,hoses,cables, etc... I am trying to figure out where the original fuel tank was located? Any ideas?!

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: 1984 Ranger 370V

not that this will help much, but all the Bass boats Ive owned had the tank across the back of the transom! You should be able to see where the filler was!<br /><br />Have fun!! :D :D <br /><br />LubeDude

dixie420

Seaman Apprentice

FLETCH!: If im not mistaken the ranger 370v used about 3 miles of 1/4 inch tubing ran all through out the boat. Then gas was filled in this line, holding approx-23 gallons. a valve in the drivers seat pressurized the line and gas was fed into the engine. its probably still there you just over looked it for it is carefully hidden. the guys at ranger still wont admit to me that its there either.

LubeDude

Admiral

Dizie420:<br /><br />What the #$@&%!!! What are you smokin???<br /><br />You have any Idea how long it would take to fill all that tubing up with gas? And how would you vent it?<br /><br />Oh, I get it , Its some kind of a joke!! :D

rjarreau

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I had a ranger like that several years ago. the tank was mounted in the very back between the 2 rear hatches. about 12 inches in front of the transom directly centered in the middle of the boat. it had a 17 gallon tank. and it was aluminum.

jblack

Recruit

I just purchased a 84' 370v and mine has two tanks about 10 gallons each. One tank in far back corner on each side. There is a fill cap on each side of the teransom. I don't know if there would be any difference in location considering the boats are the same year.GOOD LUCK!