1984 magic tilting trailer missing a few SN numbers by a rock chip.

-JR-

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 21, 2009
Messages
143
Need some BIG help, hopefully some one has the same
84 Baylinner 125q volvo about 19 long
under it is a 84 magic trailer galvanized tubing ,has bunkers not rollers.
on the sticker the SN got hit by a rock in the middle of the numbers
This is what I can read S.N 1M5BW_ _ _ _1000731
The model is RC 19


I went to their web site and the missing numbers could be material and length .
Not sure if I am missing 2 numbers or 4

Does any one have the same year of trailer as we would share the same middle numbers or letters.
 

-JR-

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 21, 2009
Messages
143
Also not sure if that is a letter W or M

I thing the missing letters or numbers should be W for water craft and 19 for length

Just found this web site on it.
West Building - 4th Floor _ NVS 223 - Safercar.gov site

Can anyone please confirm threw their SN if this is right ?
 
Last edited:

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
462
A couple of thoughts. 1- Can you just look it up on the trailer regristration or title? 2- Call Magic Tilt and ask them. You have the serial part of the serial number. They probably can provide the rest. 3- Post a pictuee of the label so we can helpbyou determine the M/W thing and also how many missing characters.
 

-JR-

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 21, 2009
Messages
143
I have always used a utility trailer plate in the 18 years I owned it.
Pictures I took show even less
Buddy that I bought it from just used a farm plate on it ,...

Even tried using crack check dye



 
Last edited:

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
462
Only 2 more thoughts, unless someone pipes up with a similar trailer/year.
1- With a piece of paper, try making an impression of the embossed numbers/letters either by pressing on the paper or with the side of a pencil point.
2- I assume that this exercise is to register / title the trailer. If so, call the DMV and ask then what to do.

Sorry, But I can not get as far as you can .

p.s., I am not sure the decoder ring is valid as it is 20 years newer than what you have.
 

lckstckn2smknbrls

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
1,114
I used a very bright led flashlight and a magnifying glass to read a badly worn ID plate. I held the flashlight at different angles and was able to make out all the numbers.
When I was at the DMV I asked if I could have a new ID plate made. I was told yes I could but that I should keep the original plate with the title.
 
Top