1984 Citation

kinsmen

Cadet
I have just joined this forum but have learned a great deal just reading the postings. I purchased a 1984 Citation, 17' 3", 3.0 GM Mercrusier i/o early this year which someone took a lot of time restoring. Does anyone know where the information plate might be located dealing with engine and passenger information on this boat. Did this boat come originally with the fuel tank in the floor? The one it has is above deck, port of the engine.

swimmin' for shore

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1984 Citation

Hi Bob. I don't know if you looked yet, but usually the plate is mounted right next to the inboard. I don't have the same boat as you, but mine's just to the left side of the inboard portion of your motor. If it's not there, and not by the controls, it may have been removed over the years. I'd imagine that someone on here has the same boat, though, so sit tight and I'm sure someone would be happy to give you the information off of theirs. As for the gas tank, most people don't like having it sit next to the engine, for obvious reasons. Personally, I would never do it, but I see a lot of boats out there that are just like that. I'm not really very familiar with your boat, but if it has any type of nose, you could run lines and put it up there. I don't like my gas tank by the motor, and I didn't really like the one in the nose, either, so I've been toying with the idea of tig welding one of aluminum that I can put down under the floor. We'll see how much money is left after the majority of the restoration, though. Anyway, good luck.