1984 15hp Sea King/Chrysler ignition question

60sboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 18, 2015
Messages
307
The coil for #1 is rusty where the metal plates contact the mag base. It looks like these are pinned in place. I don't see an obvious way to remove them. Can anyone help with this?
 

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Joined
May 7, 2008
Messages
18,196
You should post a pic??
You can remove the coil and then wire brush the base.
You can clean it real good and then spray clear paint over it,
​The ends will need to be sanded clean.
The pinned part comes as 1 complete assembly. F12343

You will need to retime if you replace the base/
 
Last edited by a moderator:

60sboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 18, 2015
Messages
307
Thanks,I'll remove the coil and clean the affected area.
 

60sboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 18, 2015
Messages
307
Thanks. I haven't been back to it yet. I was working on a lawnmower today. I don't think I need the new base,F12343.
 

60sboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 18, 2015
Messages
307
The condenser for #1 was bad. Both plugs fire now. The bad one was bought from ebay and only worked for a short time;it was supposedly new too. Thanks for the replies.
 
Top