1983 Seaking (Chrysler) 7.5 Spark Test

Mofuk

Cadet
I have a Chrysler 7.5 VWB-52179D.

Spark Test.

I have a small delema! Engine ran fine 2-3 months ago, I let it sit until I was able to get parts to fix it, Replaced a Follower and an impeller that's all, I tried to start it this past weekend and had no spark........I believe I have a ground issue. When I hold plug against engine block I get NO spark, but when I pull it away I get a spark from the spark plug to the engine block, I pulled off the flywheel and cleaned anything that looked or appearing to become rusted. I also disconnected the kill switch to rule out a faulty switch.

Does anyone have a manual on these engines that have a spark trouble shooting guide?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1983 Seaking (Chrysler) 7.5 Spark Test

If you have spark from the plug to the engine block, then the magneto is working correctly. The plug is bad and either internally shorted or carboned. try cleaning the plug first and if that doesn't work, replace it with a new one.

Mofuk

Cadet
Re: 1983 Seaking (Chrysler) 7.5 Spark Test

It now has no spark, I have removed the stator and used a multimeter set to 2000ohms connect both blue wires one red one black and got no reading, is there another way to test this stator.

$T2eC16Z,!ysE9sy0i2-wBQvCsvI+Tg~~60_57[1].jpg