1983 Evinrude Tilt &Trim Wiring

trademan

Recruit
Trying to figure this wiring out, it has two wires (Blue and Green) for the up and down but also has two wires both black that goes to a switch just inside. Guessing it switches from trim to tilt after it's so high?
Not sure how to wire those in.

Attachments

• 93FEC493-BE4E-419C-BDBB-C9B259034C6B.jpeg
    93FEC493-BE4E-419C-BDBB-C9B259034C6B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Crosbyman

Vice Admiral
blue green.... if yours go to the T&T motor they simply feed the motor for up or down by polarity reversal ... it won't know up from down ,tilt or trim

blacks likely just go to the relays... in the drawing their are blue and green all the way to the relays.. if your's go to switches that is different...... use the attached drawing to help trace things out
...yours may have been replaced... betwen the matching connector and the relay pack.

as long as the polarity is not reversed color does not matter and the motor will go up or down as per your switches.

Attachments

• 2-wire-Trim.jpg
    2-wire-Trim.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

trademan

Recruit
Got it, I believe I just figure it out, looks like the black wires are for a trim gauge that this boat doesn't have.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Correct -----The black wires are for the trim gauge.-----Not installed on every boat !

Whitetail55

Cadet
Looked at this thought I could help. Just swapped power heads and had to mount the wires and relay box on the replacement. My trim gauge just quit last time out and found a broken black wire loose in the plug. Thanks!