1983 Century 5000 specs

bhaueisen

Recruit
I am new to the forum, have purchased a 1983 Century 5000 and would like the specs...I have nothing except what's on the title. What is fuel capacity? What is draft? etc. Anyone help?

purdueosch

Recruit
Re: 1983 Century 5000 specs

Hello,
I too am new to this forum. I am in the process of buying a 1984 Century 5000. I'm in the same "boat" as you in that I can't find much about it! What I have been told by the owner, is that it's a 24ft boat, with a 260 HP, 5.7 engine. I have been told (again I can't verify this) that the 260 HP spec is HP at the prop. The actual HP is 300. The owner has also told me the fuel tank will hold 60 gallons. Have you been able to find any official information since your last post? Does your Century have the same motor on it? What kind of performance are you getting out of it?

Thanks,
Matt

smclear

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1983 Century 5000 specs

If you contact A&A Marine at classicboating.com you can buy an original sales brochure. I believe they have all the brochures from when Century's were made in Manistee, MI. If you call them, they may be able to answer most all of your questions. A&A was started by Century employees.