FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have the above boat with a penta I/O. I got the boat after someone messed with the wiring in the relay box for the power trim/engine lift. Can anyone help me with this?
Start off by telling us the engine drive info, Year,make and model will help.
Most trim systems are pretty basic wiring...
What is it doing or not doing?
Get a volt meter and start following the wires.
Also there is a 50 amp fuse for the trim on most systems.
Any clicking or anything?
Check all the connections at the trim solenoids (relays)..
The problem as I see it is that the wires in the relay box has been switched around for some reason. I found a broken wire on the electric motor, for the pump, which I repaired. The wires were switched trying to fix the problem before knowing there was only a broken wire.