1982 Century Cardel outdrive questions

MTScott

Cadet
Hello all... newby here. I've done some searching, but didn't come up with anything conclusive.

I'm looking at a 1982 Century Coronado Cardel... I always loved that boat. It is an I/O 454, and I was told it has a yamaha outdrive. That struck me as odd after I got off the phone, and I'm wondering if it is stock?

I'm going to ask some follow up questions to make sure, but I thought I might query some of the gents here first. Does anyone know the configurations that came on these boats? Is it possible that a yamaha outdrive was original? If it was a replacement, what does it mean? Is it a common swap? Does yamaha makes good outdrives?

Thanks for any info.

Tahorover

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1982 Century Cardel outdrive questions

Run away!

Yamaha bought Century , so that it could build fishing boats and sell their outboards. The I/O division is dead and gone, so are the parts! The only source of parts are used ones from e-bay.

MTScott

Cadet

It turns out that it was a 1992, not an 82. I might be able to pick it up for 11-13K. Is that still way over priced?

Tahorover

Chief Petty Officer

Were do you plan on getting parts?

1980Coronado

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Don't do it.......Coronados are great boats, but I wouldn't even consider the Cardel....especially one with a Yamaha. Find an Inboard!