1981 Evinrude 60HP

alexkbee

Cadet
i just bought this boat fairly cheap everything is hooked up as in the steering wheel but the throttle isn't does anybody have a pic to show me where on the motor i'm supose to hook this on to i just had a quick look an seen a long rod at the end of the cable to where the motor is supose to be hooked up but didn't see where on the motor the other end goes to any help?

alexkbee

Cadet
Re: 1981 Evinrude 60HP

also can somebody tell me what sparkplugs an what to set them at i guess the guy took out the plugs an never put them back model# E60ELCIA

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Champion QL77JC4, other brands are known to cause misfires.

alexkbee

Cadet

thx ok so i fired up the engine took for a spin in the lake i'm having a lil problem i'll open it up an goes fast then slows down then picks up fast again back down to slow then dies out i'll start the engine back up same thing cleaned both carbs spotless any idea's ??

alexkbee

Cadet

nevermind i fixed the problem..was the connection to the gas line was no good on the engine an my prime bulb was always soft so i replaced the connection plugin part all is good now..thx anyways ;)

alexkbee

Cadet

having trouble here...missing throttle control cable nut on both forward an reverse on the motor :confused:

alexkbee

Cadet

i fix this problem by buying small nuts with a plastic insert an they are holding quit well :)