1980 Zodiac MK4 Grand Raid HELP!!!

kbawol21

Recruit
hey guys!

Im new to zodiacs and i just purchesed this 17 ft mk4 grand raid (Model: 4375) for $2000. Here are aome pics

zodiac1.jpgzodiac 6.jpgzodiac3.jpgzodiac 4.jpgzodiac 7.jpg

It needs some tlc but i think it will do alright. here are some of my issues...

1. What do I need to use to clean this boat (Hypalon) and give it a new paint job to make it look GOOD, on a tight budget.

2. Where can i find new zodiac logo patches that I can replace on the back of each tube.

3. In Alaska, you cannot use 2 stroke motors in many rivers, so I need a trolling motor because I cannot afford another outboard right now. I know i want a Minn Kota, but i am unsure of what specs i need as far as the depth and power. Im looking not looking for something super powerful but something that will get me around. Can I attach it next to the outboard? Im looking to spend around $100 on it. What are some ideas/options?

Please help!!!!

Thanks guys!

Kevin

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1980 Zodiac MK4 Grand Raid HELP!!!

You can check all kinds of cleaning and inflatable paints at West Marine or Defender. You'll need the most powerful electric motor to move that huge inflatable. If you have enought space can attach it next to main engine. Just raise leg when using electric engine.

Happy Boating

soarin

Cadet
Re: 1980 Zodiac MK4 Grand Raid HELP!!!

Nice boat! I've owned a Zodiac F470 (with a 40) and now a RIB. Great boats! Yours looks good; like that tent! Are you using a fuel filter/water separator? BTW keep eye peeled on Ebay for Zodiac parts like patches. You can attach Minn Kota on transom as well.