1980 Sunbird Cuddy Cabin - Advise for buy...

skargo

Banned
Re: 1980 Sunbird Cuddy Cabin - Advise for buy...

Booty fab extraordinaire!

Nandy

Commander

Btw, I'm not 100 percent sure but I think that is an actual CB radio not a Marine radio.

ThePostMan

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ummm. . .wow. Just wow. I seriously think that boat should be preserved in a museum as a textbook example of 100% half-a** craftsmanship!

Seriously, the hatch replaced with diamond-plate and a set welded to it? That is priceless!!

If she's asking $1500. . .tell her you'll take it off of her hands if she gives you $100 to pay for your gas and time. RUN, Forrest. . .RUN!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I was just thinking.....by mounting an outboard to the outdrive you still have all those seals and bellows to worry about. What an incredibly dumb idea.

Nandy

Commander

It is an auction. Started at $500 which would be the max I would give her because of the motor. Then a guy bid 1k, then one guy bid on it 3 times to raise the max bid to $1500. That guy has a very low count. Hmmmm.
Keep it comming!

Nandy

Commander

I was just thinking.....by mounting an outboard to the outdrive you still have all those seals and bellows to worry about. What an incredibly dumb idea.

Yup, that was the first thing I thought. Whoever did this did sealed the housing with something that looked like cement nails. However, the other seals will have to be serviced. If you look at the photo from where the motor used to be you can see the hydraulic hoses going into the housing that is filled...

Nandy

Commander

It sold for $2125.00. I think someone will be sadly disappointed. We shall see.

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Not to mention the added weight that far exceeds a simple outdrive. Could you imagine what that's doing to the transom as you haul it down a bumpy highway!!!

WOW! That's some serious redneck engineering!

Git r dun!

Ian

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer

WOW!!!

I thought I had seen it all! That's a classic!

IVAZ

Master Chief Petty Officer

Geez you guys, dont ya know that hybrids are all the rage these days.:D

Nandy

Commander

Everything y'all say is funny, but darn, somebody bought it for over $2k!!! Dang!!!!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Well we don't know that. Sales aren't final on eBay with vehicles so I'm sure once they show up to "claim their prize" they'll politely decline....

Nandy

Commander

They are not final? I thought they "were" final in the same sense as their other auctions. Of course, there is no way anyone can force a buyer to complete the sale. She was asking for a $500.00 deposit which is probably what she paid for that boat.
Anyway, I can also see the prospect buyer turning this down. That is why I told her that she could call me if anything went wrong.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

No they aren't final. If they were could you imagine anyone ever buying anything over a few hundred from there. I bought my truck on eBay. Went to the guy's house and test drove it and checked everything out as I normally would. Only change is that the price was pre-negotiated.

Now I suppose you could run into problems if you tried offering a lower price or something but even then the worst they could do it leave you negative feedback.

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

EZ just pointed me to this thread. All I can say is WOW. Wow for the boat and how its "modified", and wow on the price. makes me want to sell things on ebay. I didn't know they had wifi on the short bus.

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer

as soon as i seen the motor ide have ran for my vehicle and peeled outa there.