1980 seaking 7.5 hp (clinton) Model#ktv50576A

jwh

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi!
I asked a question on here about the float in the carb on this motor. Float has 2 springs on it that either holds the float open or closed. It came apart on me before I had a chance to look at it. I had a gentleman on here tell me that it should be held closed. I am wondering how the gas opens the float so the bowl gets gas? Looks llike its gravity feed. I am sorry for questioning the gentleman but it seems like it should be held open so that as the bowl fills it will close the float.Then as gas is used the float will slowly open again letting more gas into the bowl.I want to be sure which way it goes because I put back together with the float held open and it won't run. Please help. Thanks John

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Re: 1980 seaking 7.5 hp (clinton) Model#ktv50576A

Hey bud. I have one of these motors as well. It is model XTV50575B and is a 1977 7.5 hp. I can take a look-see in the carb if you want because it needs a carb job anyway. I think that you are correct, in a gravity fed motor, the float will CLOSE the needle valve when the gas carb is full. I would pin it in the open position if I were you. Is your motor air-cooled? Does yours have a waterpump for the exhaust or a tell-tale hole? I am just wondering what the differences between our two motors are. Peace.

jwh

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1980 seaking 7.5 hp (clinton) Model#ktv50576A

Hey1 Thanks for answering.
I would think our motors are identical except for the cowel. Mine is air cooled. Has a neutral shift Mine also has a pull out knob that releases compression when you start it. When it starts you push it back in. I would appreciate it if you would let me know how the float works when you pull your carb. My motor has the tell tale hole and just mists out of it when its running. Now if I can just get it running again!!!!!!!!!!!!! John