1980 crest/maurell 25'

99v92c

Cadet
It would raise the engine pod out of the water a bit. I would assume that would keep the pod from diverting water away from the cavitation plate and help alleviate the issue. I believe so anyway. Otherwise I think I would have to modify the transom board to allow the engine to be mounted lower

99v92c

Cadet
But I've also noticed that the rear of the toons are only about half way submerged. Versus like this photo of a tracker. The toons sit much deeper in the water in the rear so possibly I need to really look into lowering my engine more

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-112516_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-112516_Facebook.jpg
    660 KB · Views: 4

captmello

Captain
I'd say halfway submerged is about right. gives you some room to load up the boat. that tracker is floating low imo, probably a 20footer with a large motor. I suspect someone added that wedge to lower the pod, it might not be original to the boat. my pod is 3-4 inches below the waterline at rest, with water in it. I'd still swap props first, who knows, your hub could be slipping. to check, mark the prop on each side of the hub a see if they stay lined up. either way, it's still not a good prop for your setup. and get a working tach, buy one made for johnson/evinrude 2 strokes. they have them on iboats.