FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Was running ruff, checked spark with a inductive timing light, getting no spark on # 1 cylinder.
Swapped coils on 1 and 2 still no spark on # 1 cylinder; what next? Switch box or ignition trigger?
I'd vote on the switch box, first, then off to the trigger. I don't have the test procedure for yours, but hopefully someone (Laddies) will post it for you.
Note: did test on trigger and stator according to manual - test was within norms,
Tested fire on all plugs (took out spark plugs and took solid solder wire and took a wind around each plug and grounded the loose end so I could see each plug fire.)
Cyl 1 - no spark
Cyl 2 ? weak spark
Cyl 3 & 4 ? good spark
I am leaning strongly towards the switch box too; I have 1 more test that is to swap trigger leads