1979 Merc 40 spark advance linkage

Maddoxsdaddy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
222
Ok... so i put the ol' trusty 40 back on the boat this weekend and remembered something. I need a couple of tiny parts that are NLA for the throttle control/spark advance linkage. I need the following parts...
62171, 20013, 62174, 20754, and 62173. The nuts are available but the main parts are not. Any ideas on where i can find these? I've attached a link... http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury_parts/489/9.cfm
in case anyone wanted to see a diagram of what i need. Right now, i have a couple of the pieces mig welded so they'll stay together but i don't know how long this will last.
Thanks for any help...
TB
 

Laddies

Banned
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
12,218
Re: 1979 Merc 40 spark advance linkage

Best bet is to check marinas boneyards for a donor engine that part fits most all the 402s and there are many of them in boneyards.
 

Maddoxsdaddy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
222
Re: 1979 Merc 40 spark advance linkage

I've checked a few of the locals with no luck. mthieme reffered me to americanoutboard.com . They are a large boneyard in Maryland with outboards back to 1909. I've sent them a couple e-mails with no response yet. I think i'll call them this afternoon.:)
 
Top