1978 starcraft 16 ft just had her repowered with a 2020 60 hp Mercury 4 stroke. Can't wait to see what she'll do now

Moserkr

Chief Officer + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2021
😍 Yes! Let us know how that turns out. Id love to have a new motor on mine even though the old 2 strokes are fun.

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
I found out. The motor is quiet, I don't have to run her dry, I don't have to prime the bulb, starts right up no mixing oil and gas. Can change the oil. I wish I can upload her running at full throttle. She fast now.

Couple questions as I have the same boat but with a 1974/77 70HP Evinrude.

What did you have before and speed you were getting?
What speed are you getting now?
Prop pitch?
How is gas consumption?

SHSU

Moserkr

Chief Officer + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2021
Can always drop a video on youtube and link it to here. Thats the extent of my technological knowledge.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I found out. The motor is quiet, I don't have to run her dry, I don't have to prime the bulb, starts right up no mixing oil and gas. Can change the oil. I wish I can upload her running at full throttle. She fast now.
Yeah you can upload videos, they just have to be MP4 I believe or like said upload to a video hosting site and add the link here.

haparoo68

Cadet

Prop pitch?
How is gas consumption?

SHSU
I had a 1975 mercury 65 HP 2 stroke. Couldn't find out what the speed was cause the speedometer was broke and the motor wouldn't stay running. As for the prop Hall's Marina set it up probably for factory specs. I only used the boat for 3 hrs full throttle and still have a full tank of gas.
Yeah you can upload videos, they just have to be MP4 I believe or like said upload to a video hosting site and add the link here.
Thanks

haparoo68

Cadet

Prop pitch?
How is gas consumption?

SHSU
Had A 1975 65 HP mercury this motor wouldn't stay running at low rpms had it 4 different boat mechanics and they would take guesses at what was wrong plus couldn't get parts for it. Don't know what speed I'm getting cause I don't have a speedometer all I do know it's more responsive then the old one. Prop pitch don't Hall's Marina installed it. I can let you know at the end of the season cause I only had her out for 3 hours and still have a full tank. If your tried of trying to find parts and and waiting for it to warm up I would get a new motor.

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
Had A 1975 65 HP mercury this motor wouldn't stay running at low rpms had it 4 different boat mechanics and they would take guesses at what was wrong plus couldn't get parts for it. Don't know what speed I'm getting cause I don't have a speedometer all I do know it's more responsive then the old one. Prop pitch don't Hall's Marina installed it. I can let you know at the end of the season cause I only had her out for 3 hours and still have a full tank. If your tried of trying to find parts and and waiting for it to warm up I would get a new motor.
If I only had $10-13k

haparoo68

Cadet
If I only had $10-13k
If I only had $10-13k
If I only had $10-13k
If I only had $10-13k

In Canada it gets you a 70-90 zuki or Yammy with controls
I called around and found out that a Marina bought some motors from Crestliner and had 2 or 3 I was looking for. I think he gave it to me at a good price. I still got the 3 year warranty.

DLNorth

Chief Petty Officer
I suspect you will really like this new motor but,
how does one run a motor at full throttle for 3 hrs and not use any fuel. :)

"I only used the boat for 3 hrs full throttle and still have a full tank of gas."