1978 35hp evinrude 35853R

zimm463

Cadet
I've replaced
1. Starter fixed that issue
2. New plugs
3. New selinoid
4. Rebuilt carb ( waiting black check valves to replace also)
5. Rebuilt carb
6. Flywheel checked key way
7. Replaced all fuel lines
Do I or need to sync the motor? I'm not sure what's going on with it.
I've ordered a power pack to replace cause wires are not the best on mine.

Motor while jumping it it blows up in the water not sure how to describe it link to video below

zimm463

Cadet
What does the water level do for it? I've checked leads top for top an bottom for bottom. It will briefly run with gas squirted in cyl

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
Your not even close enough water level wise to run your pump. Showing a video like that could mean many things including that there is nothing wrong.

Could just be compression bubbles or like Race says "backfire" but it's anyone guess.

Start again in a deep barrel.
Show pictures of engine and wires.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
water needs to be above the split in the lower unit. how much throttle are you giving it? have no idea what a compression bubble is.

zimm463

Cadet
water needs to be above the split in the lower unit. how much throttle are you giving it? have no idea what a compression bubble is.
No throttle just cranking it over. Will fix the water issue. Also replacing power pack had some so so wires. Tried to repin it using the old ones and solder no luck.
Compression bubble? Never heard that I'll have to Google that

saltchuckmatt

Lieutenant Commander
Compression bubble....
Compression bubble....

Not sure why anyone would have to look that up.

zimm463

Cadet
There appears to be a backfire.------Should be easy to figure out the reason.
Replacing power pack in few days. Tries to re pinthe old one but no luck ordered new pins to check and see if old one is good for spare. Ha e to check my timing I think for throttle? Not sure yet on that one

zimm463

Cadet
Thx
I am replacing my power pack it had some so so wired on it as well. I'll post again when I get a little closer