1977 85HP vernatherm

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat350

Recruit
Working on reviving an old motor model 85ETLR77S,compression not great/not horrible at 112-115 each cyl.,rebuilt carbs,did the water pump and exhaust gasket in the lower unit.
After a little searching here I decided to do the vernatherm too,when I removed the housing the only things in it were the springs,don't know where the other parts went to?
Just would like to know if the attached photo shows the right assembly,with the check and spring and the vernatherm cup and spring between the tee housing and the block.The only thing in the small housing is the vernathern and the small pin.

Attachments

• photo301497.jpg
    photo301497.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 14

flat350

Recruit
I've looked at that exploded view on different sites and it looks like the way I have it is correct,just trying to be sure.Be nice if the manual that I bought 3 weeks ago would show up but it's lost in the USPS system right now.

Jim Dandy 1977

Recruit
Working on reviving an old motor model 85ETLR77S,compression not great/not horrible at 112-115 each cyl.,rebuilt carbs,did the water pump and exhaust gasket in the lower unit.
After a little searching here I decided to do the vernatherm too,when I removed the housing the only things in it were the springs,don't know where the other parts went to?
Just would like to know if the attached photo shows the right assembly,with the check and spring and the vernatherm cup and spring between the tee housing and the block.The only thing in the small housing is the vernathern and the small pin.
Was your picture the correct assembly? I have the same issue.

brianc31525

Cadet
Looks just like my 77 85hp. My issue is how to put it back together seeing as the cowling is in the way. Been running without one for some time now because of this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.