1976 Starcraft Flybridge restoration. Trying to figure out qty's of material.

Looking for a little guidance here....I am deep (I mean DEEP) :eek: into my 1976 Fiberglass Starcraft 25' Flybridge with twin 140HP Mercruisers. I have removed the rear 10' of floor, stringers and am just about done grinding the last of the old material away and looking forward to the rebuild and getting back on the water.

Of all of the rebuild materials I have worked into my plan it was pretty easy to figure out how much Pl Premium and 1708 Glass and CSM and plywood etc.....the two products I cannot figure are the fumed silica and 1/4" Chopped Glass for making my peanut butter......I am going to need to create probably 120 lineal feet of fillet and I can't find a chart or thread that says: 1lb of Silica & 1lb of Chopped plus resin will do XX Ft.....I know there are a lot of variables but I live in the willy wacks so I like to get my materials all set befoe I tear into the project.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1976 Starcraft Flybridge restoration. Trying to figure out qty's of material.

;)The reason you haven't found it is because it's so relative. It depends on how thick you make it and how structural you want it. The more silica you use the thicker it will be and the more glass you throw in the more structural it becomes, to a point. You want it to be between mayonaise and creamy peanut butter so whatever it takes to get the mix to that point. It also depends on how large the gaps and how big the fillets you are making.

Just too many variables to give any set formulas.

Re: 1976 Starcraft Flybridge restoration. Trying to figure out qty's of material.

I understand and thanks for the reply. I guess I am going to just start with 5 Qts each of Silica and 1/4" Chopped Fiberglass. I am going to try to keep it to 1/2" radius fillets so I should get quite a ways at least my stringers and bulkheads.