FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I currently own 2 Evinrude motors 18 (1972) & 7.5 (1976) hp. I replaced the 18 hp impellor last year. Not sure how to replace the 7.5 impellor. There isn't a side plate on the 7.5 to disconnect the gearshift. Any help would be appreciated.
thxs for replying it's much appreciated. I made a bad assumption with the serial number E0007623 on the year. The model # is E8RCIC. It's definitely a 7.5 hp. The water releases in the left back on the bottom of the motor. I notices last fall it wasn't free flowing but the motor didn't seem to be overheating either. I'll ck with the local dealer for the year. Thxs again.
Thank you very much for your responses. I replaced the impellor last weekend without incident. I purchased one of the impellor replacement kits for the job instead of just the impellor. The most difficult part of the job for me was sliding the lower unit back together and having everything line back into place.