1976 evinrude 55hp

Awman

Recruit
Hello there I have a 1976 55hp evinrude. Ran excellent for 2 years then I over heated the motor completely operator error. I took it to a mechanic to have rebuilt. He rebuilt completely. The only things that are not new is the fly wheel in excellent shape the power pack and the wiring harness. He tells me it is ready it ran at his house in tank. Take it to the lake turn the key nothing. New battery nothing. So I wiggle wires got it to crank warm up.. and put it in reverse it just cut off... so go home pacing in circles used Google. So I look around the motor and unplug the main power cord to power pack re plug now cranks everytime and runs take it to the lake.. start right up warmed up about 10 min. Shot out the hole. Got to 25mph. And it bogged up and down but not rough real smooth kinda of bogging then cut off. So I restart no problem idles great (the idle is lower than i am used to on this motor now) put into gear it just cuts off. The mechanic said he ran it for 4 hours at 29mph and cruised just fine. He said he will look at it again but he has had it 4 months also he re did my interior. He has everything set to factory specs for timing carbs and cables. This motor ran fine last 2 seasons. The idle is set a little lower than it used to run its like when I raise the warm lever a little it sounds like that is where it used to idle. And haul but. Ne suggestions please and thank u the mechanic also said he rebuilt carbs 4 times and the mechanics (4 different mech that is) never seen ne thing like this. Please help.