FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
Could anyone give me more information on this boat motor? I think its a 76', I have heard that these motors are very difficult to find parts for? Could you also tell me if this engine apears to be in good or bad shape? Thanks I'm just starting here.
Chryslers were ok outboards The magna power ignition is sensitive to improper trouble shooting,could cause failure.Parts supply is drying up.
Some ignition parts are no longer available.
Check here at iboats for parts for it and compare to the supply for Evinrude/Johnson and other major brands.
There are those that have had good luck with Chrysler/Force motors,
but not for me