Dunaruna

Admiral
1975 - Long hair<br />2005 - Longing for hair<br /><br />1975 - Acid rock<br />2005 - Acid reflux<br /><br />1975 - Seeds & stems<br />2005 - Roughage<br /><br />1975 - Going to a new, hip, joint<br />2005 - Getting a new hip joint<br /><br />1975 - Rolling Stones!!<br />2005 - Kidney stones :( <br /><br />My children aren't old enough to remember the Challenger accident. They laugh when I mention B&W tv. They've never seen a GLASS coke bottle. They don't care who shot JR, they don't know JR. They burn CD's like I taped onto cassettes, they don't know 'cassettes'. They think popcorn was invented just for microwaves.<br /><br />I'm feeling a little bit older today.<br /><br />Aldo

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1975

You really didn't need to go there Aldo.<br /><br />1975- Buy new 20 ft Gulfstream Runabout<br />2005- Completely rebuild 20 ft Gulfstream Runabout<br /><br />Boy am I feeling old from climbing in and out of that thing. :p

Dunaruna

Admiral

Wifeys going into hospital for a brain tumor op next week (second one in 3 years). My son's just defaulted on a community service order and to top it all off - my 16 y/old daughter got herself a boyfriend yesterday. First one.<br /><br />My paternal instincts tell me to bump him off and bury him in the backyard, ya know, a little pain now saves a big pain later ;) . Am I the only father who thinks this way?<br /><br />And I'm boatless, the old girl sold last week.<br /><br />I'm definetely feeling a little older today. <br /><br />Aldo

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Hi Aldo,<br />Hope everything goes well for your wife Aldo. I will be thinking of you both.<br />As for the 1st boyfriend - forget it Aldo, when that one leaves, another one will be just around the corner. Things havn't changed from our day. I got away without any worry when my daughter was at that age. She joined the New Life Centre and remained in it until after she was married. That period of my life was a dream run. She is now 36 and still the perfect daughter.<br />Good to hear the boat has gone, especially if you got your price.<br />I got my 1999 17' Whittley Impala, with a Johnson 115ph on the back,4 weeks back.<br />Bought it thru a broker in Sydney sight unseen. The whole deal went perfectly.<br />Fantastic boat, and at least $10K below market value. Still shake my head as to how I managed it. <br />Did take 39hrs to clean it up, but in the end the only thing not up to standard was the camper covers - after 5 yrs of seagulls crxpping over it, it is past repair.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

SoulWinner

Commander

Aldo,<br /><br />We Patricks will be praying for you and your bride. I would love to take you fishing with me; maybe someday you all will come over here to see our sugar white beaches and I will. God bless you brother, and may His face shine on your wife. Amen.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Hey Phil, good to hear from ya!<br /><br />Yeah, I got my price but it don't feel right not having the old girl blocking my driveway, I miss it.<br /><br />My daughter's a good kid and I trust her judgement, it's just that up until 2 days ago I was the only man in her life, and I liked it that way. Now I'm just a daggy old dad.<br /><br />I hope you haven't forgotten that you told me about the whittley in an e-mail a few weeks ago.<br /><br />Whittley's a mighty fine boat, way to go. From my limited experience, they hold and sometimes exceed market value - one of the few aussie brands that do that. So how did you get it so cheap? Little bit warm maybe ;) . Just kidding.<br />You're going to have to join the whittley club now and start drink chardy for 'afternoon tea' - I'm jealous.<br /><br />An iboats member (unicorn aka'U') has just moved to Caloundra from Melbourne, you might be called upon to show him your secret fishing holes. :D <br /><br />Thanks for your kind words Phil & SW.<br /><br />Aldo

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

What soulwinner said, my friend. We also will be praying for the wife.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Thanks Aldo, I needed a reminder before I jumped off a curb, instead of stepping. You Rock! :D

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Yes, I had forgotten. I can't even find that e-mail now.<br />Bit of a story to the price.<br />An old guy, bought it new; too miserable to put it on a trailer, put it on a swing mooring in Rose Bay, Sydney. Wanted pensioner discounts on everything, slow payer etc so those servicing the boating industry became wary of him.<br />Put it up for sale as a 2002 model with full retail price, and no one would look.<br />I saw it on the net, spoke with the Broker then workshop who serviced it. No one was really nice to the old bloke, all scared of being burnt again, and when he listed it, they all learnt he was an extremely wealthy man living in a multimillion dollar mansion on the Bay. Won't tell you his name or where he came from <br />I made a stupid offer of $10K and a week later settled at $15k. Got a new trailer down there for $2.4k, Aussie Boatmovers collected the trailer, put the boat on it, got it to me all for $1.2k. Total $18.6k<br />Cleaning it was a nightmare. Dead bird skeletons, cockroaches (believe me, getting that cockroache shxt off that carpet stuff they line the cab with is not easy.) We half filled a wheelie bin with rubbish. Upholstery came up like new, had to varnish the timber. Goes very well. Now, it is a very nice boat - as good as the others you see around. They are exceptionally nice boats.<br />No, I don't think I will join the Whittley Club....but they seem to be very nice people. When they see you, they all wave frantically as they pass, wearing big smiles. Never experienced that before.<br />So unicorn is up here. Will look forward to hearing from him.<br />Take care Aldo<br /><br />Phillip

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1975. Three teen aged daughters.<br />2005. Four teen aged grandsons.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Almost 5 years old and playing with kids toys.<br />Slmost 35 years old and playing with my kids and their toys.<br /><br />Aldo,<br />Prayers have been said for your family.<br />James

one more cast

Captain

Aldo, Good luck to you. Remember, life here on earth is only a test and some of it ain't easy.<br /><br /> 1975 Two more years of high school<br /> 2005 Two more years of college for my youngest.

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

1975? I was 14 yrs old and a real wise-a$$ed punk teenager! :p <br /><br />Butch A.

JasonB

Lieutenant

Aldo, thanks for reminding me I hit 30 this year.....<br /><br />Prayrs for the wife and family.

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

1975 Just finishing 5th grade.<br />2005 Daughter going into 5th grade.

NYMINUTE

Captain

My kids can't understand that station wagons were not SUV's, and 33 1/3 RPM records were the grandaddy of the CD.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

My prayers and thoughts go out for your wife and yourself.<br /><br />Now as for your daughter, if'n you were a Yank, t'would not be an issue. You'd simply have your shotgun at the ready. :p

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

1975-repairing Olivetti Divisumma mechanical calculators and IBM typewriters<br /><br />2005-the machines, and the career in the ash heap.<br /><br />Jinx<br /><br />Hope all goes well with your family

NOSLEEP

Commander

1975 Catching large salmon in the Skeena River.<br />2005 Dreaming about catching large salmon anywere.<br /><br />Prayers for your family also Aldo.