1975 Sportcraft Safari 16.5 Rebuild

jayhunt3

Cadet
I am in the process of rebuilding a '75 Sportcraft and have removed the rotted floor and the wet foam. The stringers are still good. I intend to replace the plywood floor cover it with glass and a coat of Evercoat non-skid. I have three initial questions.<br />1. What should I use to coat rhe bottom of the plywood? I will be using 5/8 doug fur exterior ply non-treated.<br />2. The stingers are encapsulated in fiberglass. What should I used to bond the floor to the stringers?<br />3. Any issues putting the floor in in two pieces cut staight down the centerline? Thanks

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1975 Sportcraft Safari 16.5 Rebuild

"1. What should I use to coat rhe bottom of the plywood? I will be using 5/8 doug fur exterior ply non-treated." <br />I Pefer Epoxy.... But, Poly Will Work......<br /><br /> "2. The stingers are encapsulated in fiberglass. What should I used to bond the floor to the stringers?" <br />Resin, Mixed to a peanut butter consistency........<br /><br /> "3. Any issues putting the floor in in two pieces cut staight down the centerline? " <br />All the seams I've seen are Accrossed the boat, rather than length-wise