1975 Rude 9.9 impeller plate

tanuki

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 23, 2011
Messages
137
1975 Evinrude 9.9??first time (rookie) putting in impeller kit on this motor and I have 2 questions. I noticed on the old impeller housing plate, the black coating was flaking off which could maybe cause an obstruction. Is this normal or should I sand off the black coatng on the new housing plate before installatio?. Attached is a photo of the old and new.
Second question is should I put some waterproof grease on the new rubber seals and grommets besides the impeller when I install them?
ihp.jpg
 

175se

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Mar 6, 2014
Messages
274
Re: 1975 Rude 9.9 impeller plate

the coating wont cause any problem-q2 I don't think that's necessary-don't forget the dshaft o-ring on top-grease the splines but not the top of the shaft.
 

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
20,826
Re: 1975 Rude 9.9 impeller plate

Agree with the above, install it the way it is.
 

tanuki

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Nov 23, 2011
Messages
137
Re: 1975 Rude 9.9 impeller plate

Thanks for the info guys.....
 
Top