1975 Johnson 85hp. No spark.

acurarsxs009

Recruit
Hello everyone, so I’m have an issue with my 1975 Johnson 85hp power shift II. The boat has been sitting for 8 years. I’m currently not getting any spark. I’ve followed the CDI troubleshooting guide.
I’ve got a brand new battery.
Compression test is 120psi-125 on all 4 cylinders.
Removed the yellow/back wire from the power pack (still no spark).
I removed both yellow regulator/rectifier wires from the terminal block (still no spark).
I remover both stator wires from the terminal block and measured resistance between the brown wire and the brown/yellow wire coming off the stator.
(632.8ohms). (Original stator with spec for ohm reading)
Hooked up my DVA to my multi meter and set to dc voltage hooked 1 lead to the brown wire and the other lead to the brown/yellow wires and cranked the engine. Only measuring 60volts.
With that reading I’m saying I need to start with replacing the stator. Just want some input to see if I am performing the test correctly before I spend money on a new stator.

Last time boat was running I had replaced power pack, spark plugs, all 4 coils and wires, regulator/rectifier, and the trigger/timing base all from CDI.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Balderdash

Cadet
Hello everyone, so I’m have an issue with my 1975 Johnson 85hp power shift II. The boat has been sitting for 8 years. I’m currently not getting any spark. I’ve followed the CDI troubleshooting guide.
I’ve got a brand new battery.
Compression test is 120psi-125 on all 4 cylinders.
Removed the yellow/back wire from the power pack (still no spark).
I removed both yellow regulator/rectifier wires from the terminal block (still no spark).
I remover both stator wires from the terminal block and measured resistance between the brown wire and the brown/yellow wire coming off the stator.
(632.8ohms). (Original stator with spec for ohm reading)
Hooked up my DVA to my multi meter and set to dc voltage hooked 1 lead to the brown wire and the other lead to the brown/yellow wires and cranked the engine. Only measuring 60volts.
With that reading I’m saying I need to start with replacing the stator. Just want some input to see if I am performing the test correctly before I spend money on a new stator.

Last time boat was running I had replaced power pack, spark plugs, all 4 coils and wires, regulator/rectifier, and the trigger/timing base all from CDI.

Any input would be greatly appreciated
I have been fighting the same issue. New cd pack, new coils, new spark plugs. Both sensors test ok, stator ohms good. Low voltage from stator. The one thing I hadnt done was open the big plug to the remote control. When I did that it fired immediately. I had removed the kill wire. I now need to check ALL the wires from the engine to the controls.