FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1975 Chris Craft Lancer with a 235hp chevy engine a omc outdrive on mint condition. The interior is perfect with some spidering in the gel coat. I was wondering how much it might be worth? Do you think any collectors would be interested?
Unfortunately, unless it's wood, I don't think too many Chris Crafts are collectable. Also, OMC outdrives are no longer made and are becoming tougher to find parts and service for. Consequently boats with those drives have lost some value. However, if your boat looks similar to this one I found from Google http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1975-CHRIS-CRAFT-Lancer-94749444 that's a pretty nice looking set up and you may be able to get $3000-$5000. Higher end of that range if it's good running and has a nice trailer.
I know it's an old post but I must respond. While the wood boats will always reign supreme, fiberglass boats are becoming more collectible every year. Even the Chris Craft Association are recognizing these boats as collector pieces more and more. Anyone who has owned an early glass Chris knows how stout they are. The lancers in particular are gaining lots of attention recently. Let's see yours....