1975 85hp Merc Lower Unit / Driveshaft

The Lost Fisherman

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
9
My 1975 85hp Merc Lower Unit Driveshaft as the Preload Pin. I have both without the pin the the lower will not go into reverse. Can a lower without the pin work properly if a pin is install?
I'm not the only one that has thought of this. Someone out there has tried this did it work?
 

The Lost Fisherman

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 12, 2013
Messages
9
Re: 1975 85hp Merc Lower Unit / Driveshaft

Long story short,
It doesn't need a preload pin, it will work fine. This is what I was told. And will proof it soon enough. The other lower that wouldn't go into reverse must of had the problem before I got it. It was free so I can't complain. Will post once it get her back in the water.
 
Top