FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Well I did not put new ones on yet, but manipulated the current ones to close the best I could get them to test out. It worked, throttle valve can close and motor can keep a good idle.
Definitely replace them. I've seen one freshly rebuilt engine destroyed when it inhaled a broken reed valve. Those are hardened steel and don't take too kindly to bending.