1974 StarCraft 455 Eliminator jet drive, 21' SuperSport

BridgetsBoat

Recruit
Bridget's journey to get a 1974 Starcraft SuperSport began in an unexpected way. It all started with a Super Bowl bet, a wager that I didn't even remember making with her. The stakes? A fishing boat. According to the story, I had apparently lost the bet, and the only request I'd asked for was the boat should have V8. So she finds a rare gem, and I'm tasked with finding parts for it proved to be a daunting task. I'm hoping this info helps someone.

1974 Olds 455 engine with Eliminator jet drive, what's unique about them is they are a low-RPM High Volume 2 or 3-stage pump made in Lewiston ID, which provides powerful and awesome propulsion. however, the Eliminator jet drive is a rare, its long discontinued and service parts don't exist, time to find everything by specs. And ask for help finding a few parts.

What's been done to make her 74 boat a resto moded comfortable fishing boat for the pnw water ways and rivers, repair details Ron Francis wiring kit for a street rod, 2 new 19 gallon aluminum fuel tanks with 3/8 stainless steel fuel line, dual battery tray, new hose's, welded and repaired Hardin exhaust manifolds, new starter, all new gauges and dual fuel gauges mounted in maple, unmanned beige pump, front gunnel support system, seats, glove box, complete professional rebuild on the quadra jet carburetor, new 6 ott battery cables alternator, starter

adding pictures of a custom wideband adapter for Holley efi sniper kit even though the rebuild on the carburetor has been preforming beyond expectations. hopefully this upgrade brings some fuel mileage on the Snake or Pend Oreillie river

As for the trailer, yes new bearing and rims, tires, But please don't buy the cheap LED trailer wiring kits, yes there cheap! and there's a reason why there so dam cheap, they even look good outta of the box, but it's all junk, a shiny trinket that sends your hard earned cash to China at the speed of light in Exhange for a slow boat load of plastic junk, unless you're like me and want to do it twice! So, I actually went and got a true shielded weatherproof wire from a local diesel shop that repairs semi-trailers. I'm so much happier with the more expensive product that actually works from year to year, Yes US Dot products are expensive. but what a difference, because I didn't have to repair or replace parts a third time after putting the trailer in the water.

to any one that's done the sniper conversion to efi on an old big block olds, are you running a closed loop tune?

tn_14.jpg

Attachments

• fr_14.jpg
    fr_14.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 3
  • fr_3.jpg
    fr_3.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
  • fr_10.jpg
    fr_10.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 4
  • fr_13.jpg
    fr_13.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
  • fr_14.jpg
    fr_14.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 2
  • fs_2.mov
    14.5 MB · Views: 0

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Welcome aboard

love BBO's had a few in some hotrods

EFI will never provide more power or better economy than a carburetor.

From an ROI point of view, an EFI swap is simply money down the drain.

the only benefit of EFI vs a well tuned carb is initial startup. you dont need to give it the one shot of throttle to fuel prime the initial start.

BridgetsBoat

Recruit
Welcome aboard

love BBO's had a few in some hotrods

EFI will never provide more power or better economy than a carburetor.

From an ROI point of view, an EFI swap is simply money down the drain.

the only benefit of EFI vs a well tuned carb is initial startup. you dont need to give it the one shot of throttle to fuel prime the initial start.
After the carburetor was rebuilt, its bump the key to start, thanks